About the Instructor
Managers Can't do Everything Themselves.
A key part of a manager’s job is delegating to their employees. But like many things there is a wrong way to do delegation of work and a right way to do delegation of work. Do work delegation the wrong way and employees won't take ownership for the results and you'll probably end up having to redo it yourself (known as reverse delegation). But do work delegation right and you will get a better job done in less time at a lower cost.
The "How To" of delegation starts with the fundamentals:
1. How to Identify What to Delegate: Identify the routine, repetitive tasks that take up a lot of your time that can be done quicker, better and at a lower cost than you by one of your employees.
2. Where and When to Delegate: Where and when do you delegate to your employees? The more often and sooner, the better so there's no need to wait to create a barrier to delegating. But while you are developing your management skills and while your employees are getting more used to delegation, you will find it easier and more successful to delegate in your One on One meetings with your employees. Find out how to make managing easy by combining all of your responsibilities, including delegation, into one efficient time slot.
3. Choosing Who to Delegate to: Get the Job Done Right With the Right Employee for the Job. When it comes to delegating work, one of the secrets to success is who you choose to delegate to. Delegating to the wrong person is like trying to teach your cat to swim. This course will show you how to match tasks to employees.
This course is a part of Delegation Essentials
Not Enough Hours in the Day? Stop Trying to do Everything Yourself
- Overflowing inbox? Wish your employees would do more?
- Get stuff done while growing your employees with Effective Delegation.
- Get your time back AND improve your earnings
Do you feel stressed and overloaded with work? Do you wish your employees could and would do more? Successful bosses aren't the hardest working bosses. Successful bosses are bosses who know how to delegate effectively "to get stuff done".
Some people say "If you want something done right, do it yourself." But this is just a management myth because effective managers know how to motivate their employees to do a better job than they could do on their own.
If you feel like a superhero carrying the world on your shoulders then it's time to give yourself the help and support that you need to manage your workload by learning the art and science of Effective Delegation.
- Did you know that tasks that are routine boredom for you can be exciting development opportunities for one of your employees?
- Did you know that your employees have unutilized skills and abilities?
Effective delegation is a way to manage your own workload while growing your employee’s skills and abilities at the same time.
When you do Delegation right, your employees love it too because they are learning and growing.